The Mississippi Charter School Authorizer Board (MCSAB) has formed a Legislative Task Force (LTF) to examine pre-selected sections of Mississippi Code Annotated § 37-28-1 through 37-28-61.
Notice Inviting Public Comment
The goals of this task force will be:
- To consider legislative matters for 2021 Legislative Session
- To review pre-selected code sections identified by members of the Task Force
- To consider and recommend, if appropriate and necessary, amendments to the Miss Annotated Code for legislative action during the 2021 legislative session
- To review recent Student Enrollment Task Force recommendation(s) related to Miss Annotated Code § 37-28-23
- To draft and present language for technical amendments
The Task Force will meet monthly beginning October of 2020 and conclude in December of 2020. A calendar of meeting dates may be found here. Task Force meetings are open to the public with meeting minutes available for review on our website.
MCSAB will accept public comment at firstname.lastname@example.org until January 12, 2020. The Performance and Accountability Committee will accept recommendations on behalf of the task force and determine next steps.
Task Force members have been selected to represent Mississippi’s charter community and include the following members:
Elyse Marcellino, Vice President of Education Empower MS
Rachel Canter, Executive Director Mississippi First
Katie Poulos, COO RePublic Schools, Inc.
Kristi Hendrix, Ed.D. Executive Director Midtown Partners
Tamala Boyd Shaw, Founder/Executive Director Leflore Legacy Academy
Vanda Brumfield, Ed.D. Director of Schools and Accountability, MCSAB
Jean Cook MCSAB Board Member
Dr. Lisa Karmacharya, Ed.D. Executive Director, MCSAB
Avery Lee, Legal Counsel Non-Voting Member
October 27, 2020 Zoom Meeting Recording Minutes
November 17, 2020 Zoom Meeting Recording Minutes
December 15, 2020 Zoom Meeting Recording Minutes
January 12, 2021 Zoom Meeting Recording Minutes